1. What is the Digital Photo Competition?
The Project is a new element that was introduced in the 2015 Youth Spiritual Competition. Twelve photographs will be chosen to be included in the YSC-Keraza calendar for 2020, which will be made available for purchase on the YSC-Keraza website.
2. What is the Purpose?
The YSC is introducing a Photography Contest, encouraging youth to use all talents bestowed on them through the Holy Spirit (“As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” – I Peter 4:10)
3. What Do We Win?
The Project is an additional element to the overall Youth Spiritual Competition. This is a sub-competition: the top three winners will be selected from the competition pool. First, second, and third place winners will be announced at the YSC Competition on August 13, 2022, as well as on the YSC-Keraza website. The prizes for the first, second, and third place winners are as follows:
- 1st – Gift card in the amount of $100
- 2nd – Gift card in the amount of $50
- 3rd – Gift card in the amount of $25
4. What are the Rules?
- Entrants must be in Junior High, High School, College, or English Adults.
- Entrants do NOT have to be competing in the YSC directly on a team
- All photo entries must meet the following criteria to be considered for official submission:
- Photographs must depict theme/verse. Be creative!
- Photographs must be supplied in a digital format
- Photographs must be submitted in .jpg format
- Photographs should be of the highest quality possible (i.e. cell phone cameras typically have low resolution)
- Photographs must have a minimum resolution of 8 megapixels
- Photograph editing and enhancing is allowed and encouraged, however the content of the photo may NOT be changed
(2022 Digital Photo Contest) Theme
This year the YSC is focusing on the the life of St. Antony by St. Athanasius
Capture a photo that highlights the themes of the study materials, BE CREATIVE.
5. How Do We Win?
Each Project will be evaluated by a Digital Photo Scorecard. The categories are listed on the score card.
6. Digital Photo Scorecard
Depiction of the Theme and/or Verse
Appearance – Visual Attraction
Originality / Creativity
7. How to submit our photos?
Please submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2022. You may upload your photos to a file-sharing program (Dropbox) and share the link via email to email@example.com. Entrants may submit up to three photos. Only one photo may win from each entrant. You may only submit your photographs in .jpg format.
Copyright laws must be followed. You must be the rightful owner of each photograph you submit.
With each photograph you submit, please include the following information:
- Church Name
- Church City and State
- No more than two entries per entrant/participant will be accepted.
- Should a participant submit more than two entries, he/she may not be eligible for the prizes stated above.
- Entries will be judged on photographic merit (technical parameters), creativity/ artistic merit and how well it relates to the competition category for which it has been submitted.
- Edited/modified photographs (using Adobe Photoshop™ or other image editing tools) will be accepted on the condition that all images used are the entrant’s original work and not a compilation of more than one photograph.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like additional information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.